ABOUT TOP EARLY LEARNING CENTERS
The first TOP Early Learning Center, located at 4600 S. Clifton in Wichita, Kansas opened in August of 2003. This $4 million, 40,000 square foot, 12-classroom center, provided the model for two additional TOP Early Learning Centers in Wichita - TOP North located at 2330 Opportunity Drive (2006) and the newest school, TOP Northwest located at 2665 N. Arkansas (2011).
- TOP enrolls children ages 1 to 5
- Preschool and child care hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Full-day or part-day enrollment is available
- TOP schools operate year-round excluding a week in August and the December holiday season (most of the "off work" business holidays are observed)
- Children are provided a nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack, prepared daily in the schools' kitchens and served family style in the classrooms
- TOP provides a safe environment for children, featuring security code protected classrooms
- Classrooms are staffed by a lead teacher, an assistant teacher and, as possible, an additional experienced individual
- Low student/teacher ratios:
1:5 for 1 to 2 year olds
1:8 for 2.5 year olds
1:12 for 3 to 5 year olds
Our mission is to deliver a high-quality early learning experience to children living in poverty, providing them the tools needed for emotional, academic, and lifelong success.
TOP's goal is to support working families and offer full- and half-day learning opportunities to TOP kids. TOP provides a variety of fun learning activities and programs.
Head Start, Early Head Start, USD 260, USD 259, Department of Children and Families, and Kansas Children's Cabinet and Trust Fund